Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dominica at last


Hello from the gorgeous island of Dominica,
I last posted that Shelby and I were leaving San Antonio, well Shelby left that morning. However, there was a mix up with my ticket. After seven hours standing at a check-in counter, 36 hours of being in airports, and no more than an hour of sleep at a time, it is safe to say I have learned a few things. I would love to share a few tips from what I found helpful or learned along the way:
1) ALWAYS make sure your name on your ticket matches the name on your passport.
2) Check-in with plenty of time before your flight (especially during spring break)
3) Keep your phone charger in your carry-on.
4) Even if you are not in charge of your flights, know your itinerary.
5) Be patient, more people are willing to help you.

Now, with the help of my wonderful family and many others, and these helpful tips, I am now in Dominica with my amazing group!
I am awestruck by the beauty. I looked out the window with my jaw dropped as we drove along the winding roads.

We stopped at a beach that Edwin knows. The water was warm and salty and I loved simply laying in the sand!




While being here is enough to make anyone's day, I loved the sunset! As we made our way back to Holy Redeemer, we glanced to the right and between buildings I saw the sun setting. As the beautiful colors began to change we came to an opening and I watched as the sun set on the water.





I am thankful to be here amongst the beauty of Dominica and the friendship of my fellow travelers.