Sunday, March 13, 2011

WARNING: This post is only to make you jealous

I purposely chose to write this post before I took a shower because I just got back from the beach and there is sand aaaaalllll up in my pants and it is super uncomfortable. I know my last blog was a wee bit heavy winded so I will make it up to you guys with a moderately short post. That's right, dear readers, I am sacrificing my comfort AND my hygiene for you! I spoil you. Really I do. Anyway, what you are about to read is indeed a blogpost, although you may mistake it for a travel brochure. At the risk of sounding like a travel agent, this island is perhaps the most breathtaking place I have ever been! Holy Redeemer is something. The vegetation is so green and lush and there are tons of beautiful, exotic flowers littering the island. There are mountains beyond mountains and precariously sitting atop these mountains are modest homes, all brightly painted and each completely unique. The reason I am able to give such a detailed description is because we spent over 6 hours today on the bus. Needless to say, my eyes were glued to the window the entire time and I was constantly taking pictures. Yeah, I was that American tourist. But I did it all for you guys; if I didn't take like 1,000 pictures, how would you know what it looked like, huh? Hold your horses, the pictures are coming soon enough. I am just too busy gawking to get anything done. Oh, look....a flower.....